Reviewing a PR
Anyone with access can comment on a PR. The ability to request changes or submit reviews that approve a PR is limited to admins.
Open the PR for viewing
- Go to the repository and click Pull requests.
- Select a PR from the list.
Leave a general comment
Select the Conversations tab.
Scroll to the bottom of the page, write your feedback, and click Comment.
Comment on a specific line
Select the Files changed tab.
Locate the file and specific line you want to comment on.
Put you mouse on the line and click the blue plus icon.
Type your comment.
Click Add single comment.
Start and submit review
Add one or more line comments as described above.
Optionally, suggest a specific change that the author can accept and commit directly.
Click and edit the text between the
When you're done, click Start a review. Alternatively, click Add review comment if you already started the review.
Finished reviewing all the files.
Click Review changes above the changes.
Enter a description of your feedback and select the type.
Click Submit review.
What happens now?
- Follow the discussion in the Conversation tab.
- If you requested changes, follow up on those.
- If you approved and all checks are green, you can merge the PR and delete the branch.