Import from ERP
We recommend that you contact SuperOffice Support to back up the SuperOffice database before you import large amounts of data.
Follow the steps below to import actors (customers, suppliers and individuals) from an ERP system into the SuperOffice database.
Select actors to be imported from the ERP system
If the ERP Sync icon ( ) is inactive, you must turn off synchronization in Quote/Sync > Sync tab.
Open the Import screen by clicking the Import button in the Navigator ( ).
Click the ERP Sync icon ( ) under Select an import source. The Select ERP connection dialog opens.
- In the ERP connection list, select the connection you want to import from.
- In the Actor type list, select what you want to import. For example, customers, suppliers or individuals.
- Click OK. The Search ERP dialog appears.
- Search for the actors you want to import, such as all suppliers in a specific town.
- In the list of search results, select the rows you want to import.
- Click Add Import. The actors are displayed in Settings and maintenance.
At this stage, actors from the ERP system have not yet been imported into the SuperOffice database. SuperOffice just loads the actors you want to import, so that you can define the import settings.
Configure the import
Click Configure import settings and adjust the import settings.
Click Next. The Preview import window will appear.
In Preview import you can browse through the import data before the import begins.
Icon Description The company does not exist and will be added. The company already exists and will be updated. The contact does not exist and will be added. The contact already exists and will be updated. empty No updating.
Remove the checks on the rows you do NOT want to import.
After verifying that these are really the data you want to import, click Import
Complete the import
When the import finishes, two lists are displayed:
- New actors that were imported.
- Existing actors that were updated by the import.
Above each list is a link to the selection containing the new/updated actors.
If you want to delete imported actors from SuperOffice, use the selection.