Specify search criteria for a freetext search
You can specify search criteria for both individual words (for example Peter) and phrases consisting of several words (for example Oliver Peter Nielsen).
Select Options in the Navigator. Then select the Free text search tab.
Check that freetext search is enabled.
Choose one of the following for Single-word search operator:
- Starts with: a search for pet returns Peter and Peterson as hits.
- Contains: a search for eter returns Peter and Peterson as hits.
- Exact match: a search for Peter only returns Peter as a hit.
The Exact match option is the least resource-intensive when searching, while the Contains option is the most resource-intensive.
Choose one of the following for Multi-word search operator:
- Starts with: a search for pet returns Peter Nielsen as a hit.
- Contains: a search for pet returns Oliver Peter Nielsen and Alan Peterson as hits.
- Exact match: only a search for Oliver Peter Nielsen returns Oliver Peter Nielsen as a hit.
When searching for phrases consisting of several words, a search is made for all the words together.