Both your vendor page and each app-specific product page in the App Store have settings for search engine optimization (SEO).
You can add or change the following in the Developer Portal:
|Setting||Where to change it|
|Search-engine-friendly name (company)||Partner > Settings > Partner profile|
|Search-engine-friendly name (app)||App page > Settings|
|Meta description (company)||Partner > App Store information > Partner profile|
|Meta description (app)||App page > App Store information > SEO|
|Meta keywords (app)||App page > App Store information > SEO|
A search-engine-friendly name is:
- using dashes to indicate space
- not containing characters that aren't valid in web addresses
- not containing unimportant words
A meta description is a brief summary of a web page and should give the user an idea of the content.
It is placed in the
<head> HTML tag and displayed in search engine results pages and can impact the click-through rate (CTR).
- use only alphanumeric characters
- be between 50 and 160 characters: long enough to be sufficiently descriptive yet avoid getting truncated by the search engine
- use short sentences
- contain your target keywords
- be accurate, compelling, and pertinent to the search
Meta keywords range from single words to complex phrases and are used to inform website content in a more focused way than the description.
How to update SEO settings
Remember to click the Request to Publish button after saving and verifying the settings.