While most of the App Store information aims to hook new customers, you also need to provide a guide they can follow after deciding on your application.
Remember to request to publish to make your changes visible in the App Store.
How to install
This information is shown on the How to install tab in the App Store.
Go to the How to install section of the application's App Store information.
Indicate which SuperOffice user plans are supported. If all user plans are supported, specify "All user plans".
How to get started with your app: Provide a numbered step-by-step description of all steps needed to install and use the application for the first time.
Specify additional requirements: List all system requirements as bullet points. If there are none, specify "No additional system requirements".
Add at least one link related to the app. Other useful links can be added too, such as support and commercial product page.
Text on the green button
- Choose a label for the green button in the App Store:
- Explore more
- Sign up
- Start free trial
- Get free de
- Try or buy
The green button is shown in the App Store only if there is a link of type install.
To add a link
Go to the Links section of the application's App Store information.
Click Add Links.
Enter a URL and an accompanying text.
Click Save Settings.
- Support phone number, including country code
- Support email address
- Knowledge base or support page
- Terms of service of the app
- Product page on your website
- Trust center
- To sort the list of links, press and hold the handle in the left-most column, move it up or down, and drop the link in its new location. Save.
- To change the URL or text, update the fields and save.
- To remove a link, click the Delete button and save.
Categories, languages, markets
To indicate the availability of your app and follow the marketing requirements, select one or more categories, languages, markets. For details about each field, see the [app settings reference section]. : ../app-store/app-settings.md