If the attachment is the only part of the email you would like to keep for future reference, it is possible to archive an email attachment in SuperOffice CRM as a document. Follow these steps:
In the Gmail inbox, open an email containing one or more attachments.
Hold the mouse-pointer over the attachment you want to archive.
Click the SuperOffice icon .
In the Archive attachment as a SuperOffice document dialog, the Company and Contact fields is automatically filled if the sender is registered in SuperOffice. Fill in relevant information in the following fields:
- Subject: The subject is automatically inserted in this field. However, you can edit the text.
- Company: Search for a company by starting to type the company name or select a company in the list.
- Contact: Select a contact in the list. You can also search by starting to type the contact name.
- Sale: If relevant, link the document to a sale.
- Project: If relevant, link the document to a project.
- Date: Today's date is automatically inserted in this field. Click the field to select another date.
- Time: Click the field to select another time.
- Type: Select one of the available document templates.
- Visible for: Select if the document should be visible to all users, private visible only to the owner) or visible to all users in a user group the owner belongs to.
- Mark as completed: This option is checked by default, but you can uncheck it if necessary.
If the sender of the email is not listed in SuperOffice CRM, a warning will appear at the top of the dialog. A warning also appears if the sender is registered on multiple companies in SuperOffice CRM.
Click Save. The selected attachment is archived to SuperOffice CRM as a new document. You can then double-click the document in the Activities section tab to open it.