Compose an email
The procedure below describes how to compose an email message from the inbox. You can also compose an email message by clicking New > Email on the top bar.
Create email from the SuperOffice Inbox
Select New > Email.
In the Mail dialog, click in the To field, and start typing the name of the contact you want to send the message to.
Select a contact in the list of results. You can also click to select a recent contact.
Repeat step 2 and 3 to add additional recipients.
Optional: Click Cc/Bcc to send copies or blind copies to other recipients.
In the Subject field, enter a brief description of what the message is about.
Click the message field and type in your message.
To include an attachment in the message, click at the bottom of the window. In the Attachment section that displays at the top of the window, you have the following options:
- Click Upload files (or drag here) to browse to and add a file from a disk or server.
- Drag and drop a file from Windows Explorer to the Attachment section.
- Click Select a CRM document to select a document in SuperOffice CRM.
To save the message temporarily and complete it later, click in the top-right corner. The message will then be saved in the drafts folder.
To include an FAQ, a reply template or a quick reply in the email message, click at the bottom of the window.
Select one of the following options and browse the folders. You can also enter search text in the top field, or click the relevant icons to access history and favorites.
- FAQ: Inserts a link to an FAQ in SuperOffice Customer Centre. Only FAQs that are accessible to everyone and that are published, are available here.
- Reply templates: Inserts the template text.
- Quick replies: Inserts a quick reply.
A quick reply is a pre-defined text that you can use in an email message. It is similar to reply templates, but it is much easier and faster to create a quick reply. The quick replies you create are available only to you.
- Click Edit.
- In the Quick replies windows, click Add. A new reply is added to the list.
- Click the New name field and enter a title for the quick reply. This will not be visible to the customer.
- Click the New content field and enter the reply text you want to send to customers.
- Click Save. The window closes and the new quick reply is saved.
Entering information in the New email dialog
If you create a new email based on a template, the New email dialog will in some cases display because a setting in the template allows you to add additional information to the email. This is especially relevant when using templates with template variables for sales and projects, where you must select the relevant sale or project for the variables to be filled in when you send the email.
Fill in the fields below, click Create and compose the email as described above.
|Document template||Click the arrow next to the type field at the top of the dialog to display a list of document templates that you can choose from. The available templates are defined in Settings and maintenance.|
|Company||Enter here the name of the company you are writing to.|
|Contact||Click the arrow next to this field and a list of known contacts in the company is displayed.|
|Project||Enter the name of the project that the email should be linked to.|
|Sale||Enter the name of the sale that the email should be linked to.|
|Visible for||Click the Visible for field to display a list that allows you to choose if the email should be visible to all users, only yourself, or visible to all users in one of the user groups that the owner belongs to.|
|Language||If the selected template includes translated versions, you can select a language for the template.|
When you finished the message, and want to send it, you have the following options:
- To send the message straightaway, click the Send button.
- To send the message and archive it as a document in SuperOffice CRM, click Send and archive. The Document dialog opens. How to create a document.
If you do not archive the message when you send it, you can still go to the sent folder and archive the message.
The signature template at the bottom of the message can be edited in Personal settings > Edit personal signature.