Extra menus are buttons, menus, links, shortcuts, lists and so on that you can add to SuperOffice Service to make something easily available.
What can I add?
- URLs: Links to web pages or to specific records in SuperOffice Service.
- Screens: Shortcuts to specific screens.
- Scripts and macros: Buttons or menu options that trigger a script or macro.
- Selections: Shortcut to a selection.
Where can I add extra menus?
- The Status tile on the dashboard
- Actions buttons and menu buttons in the main screens
- Menu buttons in the extra table view
Navigator - additional options:
- On the navigator buttons
- Under System settings > System design*
- On the New button in the top bar.
Add function to menu button (actions)
To add a macro to the Actions button in the Company screen, Contact screen, Request screen, or Message tab:
- Sign in to SuperOffice Service.
- From the hamburger menu, select System Design and then select Extra menus.
- Expand Top menu, point to one of the folders, and click New menu.
- Enter menu properties.
- Set Label to what you want the button text to be (keep it short).
- Select Use script and then select your CRMScript.
- Select where to insert your new menu item from the Position list (0 = top).
- Click OK.
- Test the result.
Keyboard shortcuts (v. 3.1.8)
You can add keyboard shortcuts to the items in the extra menus by adding an ampersand & before the character you want to be the access key. For example, "M&y contacts".
The shortcut key will be shown with an underscore. To use the shortcut, press Alt+ the selected character. For example, Alt+y.
Return to the same screen
This option is handy when you add buttons that update something and you want to preserve the context.
For example, if you create a button in the Request screen to change the category of the request, you also want to return to the same request after the button has been clicked.
When NOT to use this option:
You should not return to the same screen if it's an external URL or the button (script) displays a lot of information on the screen. In these cases, you want the user to be able to view the info you presented.
Add navigator group
- Open the Extra menus page.
- Point to Navigator click New menu.
- Set label and position for the group. Optionally select an icon.
- Click OK. The new navigator group (currently empty) appears in the main menu.
- Add menu button to new group.
- Test the result.
If you link to an external website:
- Don't check Append ID or Append <usec>.
- Don't check Return to same screen.
- Set Target to "_blank".
Read more about the main menu
|Base program||Adds URL to the selected base program.
URL must start with
|URL||The URL to be executed when the menu is clicked|
|Append ID||Appends the ID of the current entry to the end of the URL (bool)|
|Return to same screen||Whether to return the users to the screen where the action was clicked
If unchecked, users must do this manually
|Append usec||Includes the NetServer session key
Required for web panel authentication
|Target||Which window the URL should open in
"main": the html frame to which the output goes
"_blank" : always open a new window/tab
"customer" : open a separate window for this menu option or a group of menu options
|URL to icon||Location of a custom icon for the extra menu|
|Position||The position of the extra menu
0 = top