Add a document template
Before you can use templates you created, you must link them to SuperOffice CRM. Once you link the templates, it is very easy to write letters, faxes and other documents you have created templates for using the Document function in SuperOffice CRM. More information about the Document function is available in the user help.
If you create new templates or change a standard template and saved it with a different file name, you must link the templates to SuperOffice CRM, so that the program can find them when you write documents using SuperOffice CRM.
Templates are displayed as items in the Document - Template list and you link a template to SuperOffice CRM by entering it as an item in the list.
To complete the fields in the Edit list item dialog when the items are document templates:
Enter the required name of the item in the Name field.
If you wish, you can choose where to store the document template, in the Store template in list.
You now have two options:
Upload a new document template
- Click Copy an existing document template file.
- Click the Copy template list.
- Select the required template from the list.
Copy an existing template in SuperOffice
- Select Upload a new document template from disk.
- Click the Upload button.
- Click Upload file in the Upload file dialog.
- Select the required file and click Open. The name of the file is displayed in the Edit list item dialog.
Click Save in the Edit list item dialog. The dialog is updated.
Optional: Edit the template name, if required, and click Edit to edit the template file itself.
Enter the required information in the Details and Languages tabs.
Click Save. The template is added as a separate item in the Items list. Repeat this procedure to add more templates.
Enter the following information in the Details tab:
In the Direction field, specify if the template is outgoing or incoming, by clicking the arrow ( ) and choosing from the list box.
In the Document type field, specify the type of template by clicking the arrow ( ). You can choose from Document and Fax.
In the Document stored in field, you can choose to save the document somewhere other than the default option.
In the Intention field, click the arrow ( ) and select one of the predefined options from the list box. These items are used in connection with status monitors in SuperOffice CRM (requires a licence for Sales Intelligence).
You can create new options in addition to the predefined ones by adding them to the Follow-up - Intention list in Settings and maintenance.
- Check the **Publish** option if you want it to be possible to specify, in the **Document** dialog in SuperOffice CRM, that the document template in question should be made available to external users.
- Check the **Save to database** option to specify that documents that you create using this template are saved in the document database. If you checked this option, the document is displayed on the **Activities** section tab in SuperOffice CRM. If not, the document is not displayed in SuperOffice CRM once you have created it and you cannot access it from the program.
Check the Quote document type option if the document should be available as a quote template or order confirmation template. You select the quote document type in the list below.
To learn about quote templates, click here.
Specify the default setting for the Our reference (default) field using the template variables, for example auth for the sender’s first and last names (see Template variables).
Optionally, type in a description of the template in the Description field.
You can open the template to edit it directly by clicking the Edit button at the top of the Edit list item dialog.
Here you can add translated versions of the document template.
- Click Add.
- In the Edit list item dialog, select the language you require in the Add language list.
- Add the translated document template as described above.
- Click Add. The language is listed in the Languages tab.
- Repeat the steps above to add additional languages.