SuperOffice CRM contains many default lists, such as customer categories, activity types, sales types, and many more. If you want to change the default lists to fit your company jargon and processes, this how-to guide will show you how to edit lists.
Depending on the type of business your company is in, you can tailor all lists in the system to reflect your business processes and needs. You can create new list items, deactivate unnecessary items, and edit existing ones. Some items, by default, are present in all the lists in SuperOffice CRM.
The Lists screen contains descriptions and definitions of the lists in SuperOffice CRM. Here you can customize the predefined lists supplied with SuperOffice CRM.
To quickly go to a list, click Lists in the navigator and start typing in the search field. The search results are updated while you type.
You can also add your own user-defined lists which are displayed on the More tabs in SuperOffice CRM. You specify what is displayed in the More tabs in the Fields screen.
The Lists screen is divided into the following parts:
User groups and headings are not displayed for lists where they are irrelevant.
- At the top of the screen, you can click the list box to choose from among all available lists in SuperOffice, both predefined and user-defined lists.
- The Items tab contains the items that are available for the selected list.
- The User groups tab shows items filtered by user group.
- The Headings tab shows items per heading.
- In the Visible for user groups list, you can see the group(s) that the item selected in the Items list are displayed to. You can for example choose to have different follow-up types available for your Sales, Support and Accounting user groups.
- The Headings list shows the headings under which the individual items are displayed. If a list is very long (contains a large number of items), you can use headings to group the items logically. The items in the Document - Template list, for example, are grouped in the Letter, Fax, Email headings and so on.
At the upper right is the Use grouping and user group filtering for this list checkbox, where you specify if the list can be grouped and filtered. This option is deactivated for lists where this is irrelevant.
Customize your sales lists
SuperOffice CRM is designed to support the sales types common for most businesses, yet there are still some companies that may want to create their own.
Depending on the type of business your company is in, you can tailor the system by creating the sales lists you need.
Have a look at the following lists, to see whether you want to change them or not:
- Sale - Source
- Sale - Stage
- Sale - Type Category
- Sale - Type, Stages, Quote
Watch this video to see how you can edit your sales lists to make them fit the way you work. The example used in this video is of the Company - Category list which has similar setup as Sale - Stage (video length - 2:05):